Bewildering interruptions on the beach

I have given up. I wish I can find a peaceful place where I can enjoy reading my book. I can't read at home unless I am going to bed. We don't have many bookstores here (actually, we have only one) and if you read there, then you'd most probably be kicked out during prayers time. 


Coffee shops are full of people who either smoke or talk loudly, watch a soccer game or stare at you like you are some kind of an alien.

So, I decided to go to the beach. I'd dive, swim a bit and get a chance to read my book. 

We came a bit late, We couldn't find a shaded area to sit under. I picked a spot against the wall where there is a little bit of shadow. I open up my book. Let's see what's up with williams in "Pillars of Earth"...
"WELCOME TO HOOOOOTELL CALIFORNIAAAAA..." one of the 3 British guys next to me decided to explore his vocal talents with his horrendous voice. He sang on 3 unrecognizable songs while he was lying on the floor and tanning. 

so I changed my location and sat next to someone's umbrella under whatever shade I can have. I kept on reading. Oh man, this Alfred is such a jerk...

"yee, sheftee hayda keef 7almat bazazo wa2feh..hahahaha.." 

what the...? the voice was coming from my left..3 lebanese women are sunbathing and checking the guy who just passed by them...7elmat bzazo wa2feh...I didn't even know that girls even check this out...DAMN

Time to move somewhere else. I managed to find another spot that was empty after it has been evacuated. Ok, no lebanese women or british guys next to me.  only a jordanian family were sitting next to me. It can't get bad.

So back to the world of my novel. Poor Tom, I hope he will better luck when he goes to the castle and...
"ta3al ya 7amoudeh, ilbes" the jordanian woman calls her fully nude 3 year old son who was running around in joy after being freed by the limitations of garments.

"khalee il walad yetshamas ya mara, a7san mayfoot leilet il dakhleh mlawan..HAHAHAHHA" said the husband 

I was :|...that's it, this is the last time I'd attempt reading at a beach. I put my book down and spent the rest of the day swimming. What's different this time is that I kept checking my nipples more often.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh. only Hamza lool
Of course you're going to be interrupted if you're invading people's umbrella/shade.

mab3oos said...

Oh man, that was hilarious.
I would suggest you get one of those tire inner tubes and take off into the sea with your book next time. You'll get toasted, but peacefully.

elijah said...

LOOOOOL good one Hamza

btw on the right 90 'yaer' old please correct the spelling of year :P

asoom said...

well what's wrong with reading in bed? That's my favorite!

I used to read in public until I started observing other people who read in public. I didn't want to be that weird person whose always alone with my nose stuck in a book.

Let me know what you thought of that book when you finished it, I loved it and I know 7aki read it too...we can have another bloggers' book discussion!

Lana said...

hahahahaha (at 6:47 am, w am writing the critical response, u gave me a good laugh :P)

KJ said...

Asoom - when you read you shouldn't worry about how others perceive you. Sigh. Women in their 20s.

Hamza, la ta3leeq. You're letting 3 Lebanese women get into you now? What have I ever taught you! :P

Sam said...

LOL...u should get a boat and drift away to read a book...at least u can read in bed , i share my bed with a husband who thinks reading is a waste of time unless u r reading the quran...a 3mo old, and a 4yo....it took me 3wks to finish the last book i read...maybe i should get a boat and drift away in the lake...ah one can only dream eh?

eshda3wa said...

loool

id stick to reading in bed

Hamza said...

batoul - its better than being roasted in the sun.

mab3oos - I attempted reading on the boat when we took a boat trip. I almost got sea sickness and threw up.

elijah - long time no see elijah. I fixed the mistake. ;)

asoom - that's what I always do. I read till I fall asleep. but since I've been on page 200 for last 5 months, I decided to pick up the pace on reading. Sure, we will discuss it in another blogger's book discussion once I am done. ;)

Lana - hahahhaa.That isn't supposed to be reading material at 6:47 a.m. but I am glad it made you laugh. :)

KJ - yea if I listened to you and tried answering back, i might have ended in some ditch hole (like someone i know :P)

Sam - woooow. you just made me dream of a vacation on an island. The best reading I done was when we took a road trip from cairo to Hurgada. 4 great hours. :D

eshda3wa - I guess I'll do

XTR said...

Haha... I couldn't help but laugh about the Jordanian part. People really are crazy sometimes!

Have ou tried going to the public library? I suppose they require everyone to be quiet, right?

Ali Dahmash said...

Hamza, Im still laughing loud! I would say you learned 2 things, halamat el zalameh and lielet el dukhal bdoun alwan!
Oh Gosh!
Id rather go running and then tanning on the beach. I prefer to read in the comfort of my house that if there is no barnes and noble. I think we need another 100 years until I see in the Arab World

Curly Curls said...

well , i'd suggest u get back to ur bed :P

Unknown said...

that is so funny really, i really enjoyed reading ur adventure with reading on beach, i liked the Jordanian family
typical of us :)

suha said...

HAHAHAHHAHHA that is soo hilarious, walla I laughed out loud for real... yeah arabs are so funny hahah mlawan and those lebanese girls are nasty hahahaha

asoom said...

You've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

kazzab

Hijabis On Ranting Tour. said...

hahaa that was funny
miskeen
i think you shd find ur own umbrella to resolve the problem :P
salaamz
naz